How number porting service works in VoIP phone solutions service?
Number porting in VoIP phone Solutions seems one of the most hectic things for any VoIP user. The main reason behind it is that the number porting service can take weeks for this work. Your rate center also describes your geographical area determines whether you get the same number or not.
Getting New number for VoIP service is like a kick to the business guts. You have to print all of your business cards and flyers again. Although, in VoIP number porting cost is way less than other mediums.
Now, if you are looking forward to port your number to another service provider. These are some of the things that you have to go through.
1. Make a Port Request to a new provider
Whenever you are acquiring a phone number porting service from a new voice service VoIP provider reach out to them first. You have to inform them that you want to port your previous number to their services. Therefore, some providers will charge you extra fees for porting number other won’t. Companies like VoIP phone solutions don’t charge you anything for number porting.
2. Keep the previous service before you switch
It is better than if you keep your existing service, this way the process of phone porting goes smoothly. You have to wait for a successful transfer of the number before you end your contract with your previous service provider.
To maintain the workflow you can use a temporary number and enable call forwarding to that number. After porting the number of your business it will be will transfer to your new provider. However, if you cancel the old service before transfer it will further delay the process of porting. While porting number no service will be provided by the new company.
3. Get Authorization from LOA
You need authorization from your previous service provider. If you have any kind of outstanding balance, you will not be allowed to port the number. Your LOA (Letter of agency) should be authentic and holds correct account information.
You need to have copies of your past bills to migrate seamlessly to new providers. For that, you have to be available on your VoIP number so the team can do the verification. The information they require from you will be your PIN, EIN number, Tax identification, and Social security number.
What is the paperwork you require to port number?
After making a contract with your new provider you will be required to provide some essential paperwork. These documents include
- LOA (Letter of Authorization)
- All phone numbers and extensions that you are using
- Your account number from an older service provider.
- Copy of your previous bills
What roadblocks can you face during the process?
During the process of porting numbers, there are few setbacks that can come your way. These are the following two roadblocks that you will find in your way.
1. The number you are using is unable to port
- This will occur due to an incomplete rate center, or if your current number is not in service anymore.
- If your previous service provider doesn’t have an agreement with a local telephone carrier that holds all the area numbers.
2. There are few kinds of errors that can occur that are given below
- You are using DSL
- Your contact information on your application is incorrect
- The redirect error of toll-free 800
- You have already disconnected the older VoIP number
How much time does it take?
Usually in normal conditions, the number porting procedure for VoIP phone solutions can take up to 3 weeks. At this time your calls will not be interrupted. In this duration, the new provider will take care of everything and inform you about the further steps.